Tuesday, June 16, 2009

reading, reading, reading.

Okay I have to admit I don't read a lot of food blogs at the moment. Still loving occassional updates from the pie queen. And I did score a great pizza dough recipe from Bread and Honey. I drool a lot over at Melbourne Gastronome. And then go out and spend a whole lot of $$$ based on Claire's musings..

Mainly though, I am quite into reading about gardening on blogs lately. It's odd reading northern hemisphere stuff with all that crazy wondering about frost that they do but it's still good fun.

I'm particularly inspired reading about gardening projects that get beyond the backyard so I love the manic posts at the free farm stand in SF, where all the produce is gleaned, grown in squatted gardens or scavenged and given away each week. Yay for free stuff. And how much energy does this guy have?

This week I was also hunting for info about different potato planting methods and I was very amused to find this highly geeky aproach to gardening. This computer science student has been doing all sorts of comparative experiments to see where his chillis grow best and the diagrams are great!

So of course this leads me to reflect on my own little blog.. so much fallow digital dirt. And what to sow?

1 comment:

A said...

I sent a beacon to your co-runner, something is circling back; be wary. I endured wars on my land and, subsequently, unintentionally brought into nightvale... I am reminded 'everyday is war' with my knees rickety, so it may be a while until I can join your marathon.

Be sure to align your back as you maiwmaiwmaiwmaiwmaiw into the morrow. I am healing amidst the stormytimes brewing over our heads: drowning in slumber, awaiting graduation, jotting in our music. I will write in my own blog again sometime in the near future.