Thursday, September 16, 2004

food with scissors

One thing the Gold Coast has that Melbourne doesn't is a great selection of Korean restaurants. (They also have Ken Done shops!) Of course me and Sarah were totally excited. As Sarah said - eating Korean you can never get bored. There's always at least 4 side dishes so you can just go back and forth. And Korean is a pickles lovers dream - kimchi! But I was just struck by the fact that there's no other cuisine I've eaten where they give you a pair of scissors at the table to chop your noodles up.

If anyone knows a place in Melbourne to get good cold noodles please let me know - I could get addicted to the combination of thin (potato?) noodles, apple and raddish with that great spicy sesame sauce. And the scissors!

(happy new year fellow yids - let's try and make it a peaceful one.)

No comments: