Monday, August 13, 2007

i am so ready for this jelly

Remember how I love the teahouse known as Ten Ren Tea Time?

Well now I have finally tried their tea jelly I really really loved Ten Ren. On Sunday they outdid themselves. I was feeling pretty wack after all the flying nuns, creepy impersonators and dead sheep of Harmony Korine's Mister Lonely. And I was finding it hard to deal with the complete contempt that the waiter showed for any notion of serving us. But the fake fish was extra good in smaller crispier pieces and
oh
my
god
the
TEA
JELLY!!!!

We had the green tea version and it comes with something like honey drizzled on top in a balloon glass and it is so so so good. The tea flavour is pretty subtle, the texture is nice and solid, definitely agar agar. It was so good that afterwards we went straight to the Great Eastern Grocery to buy agar agar so that tonight I can try and make my own. Yum.

No comments: